Saturday, July 16, 2011

I blame Harry...its all his fault!

Hey guys. Sorry for no updates or checking in on my followers in the last two days. I got a little overwhelmed by life.

So I decided to run this half-marathon, and I am committed to doing that, So I am adding an extra couple of hours a day sometimes to train. Thats killing a lot of my free time. But Thursday night in particular was extra busy. I worked that morning from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Then I attempted to nap for a few hours so I could stay up late for the Harry Potter premier. Then that ended at around 2:30 in the morning, and I had to work at 4:30 in the morning. Needless to say, working at Starbucks I had a lot of espresso that morning. Then I got home around 1:00 p.m. and I took a nap, then the family had a bunch of friends over for a big bbq. So the last two days have just been swamped. But this weekend is a little more chill, and I am prioritizing my time a little better so normal updates and getting around to reading all my followers blogs will resume!

In other news, I narrowed down the exact training program I am gonna follow for the next 9 weeks til my half-marathon. I am pretty excited about it. Its tough, but manageable for someone of my stature. I will be starting it on Monday, so I will keep you guys updated as to how my training is going!

Alright, well I am off to get sushi for dinner tonight (YUM!), so thats all for now folks!

Question of the day: What is the longest you have ever stayed awake consecutively, and what, if any, sort of caffeinated products did you use to keep yourself up?

7 comments:

  1. enjoy your sushi dinner mate. thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly never stayed up over 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stayed awake for almost 4 days with coffee and world of warcraft.

    The trick isn't to drink stuff to stay awake, it's to do stuff to stay awake (like playing games on skype with friends).

    Enjoy your sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drink Yerba Mate instead of coffee... it containst a TON of vitamins and microelements and nourishes your body, unlike coffee, which rinses all the valuable stuff out of your system

    ReplyDelete
  5. 36 hours. 8 Mountain Dews and a Redbull or two. Yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 32 hours or so. Coffee, root beer, more coffee, and yelling.

    Lots and lots of yelling.

    Dude, I was freakin' yellin' from the time I went to my security-guard job (at the time) to yellin' when I got home for an hour to yellin' when I went out with my friends to yellin' while at school to yellin' when I went out to my friends THEN I went back to work again. By the time I went to sleep I was out for twelve hours, then I couldn't talk after I woke up.

    At one point in time of my life, back when I was a teenager in high school, for two years I sincerely lived on only two hours of sleep every night, and then a ten-hour crasher during the weekend. I wouldn't mind learning how I did that and do it again, admittedly...

    ReplyDelete